Brisbane Roar FC is pleased to have partnered with 18 schools across Queensland that will become Skill Training Centre (STC) sites for 8-12-year-old kids as part of an ambitious new BRFC pathway structure.
The strategic restructuring expands the Roar’s reach and strengthens its capacity to introduce young children to the game and deliver opportunities for junior footballers.
With seven established Centres from the Far North to Port Macquarie experiencing growth, the club has now brought 18 schools into the fold including Bentley Park College in Cairns, announced late last year.
The total number of Skill Training Centres in operation stands at 26 schools and locations, with more to be announced over the coming weeks.
Each school will be recognised by Brisbane Roar and fit within the club’s broader pathway pyramid:
The school-based Skills Training Centres will provide players with an opportunity to further develop their skills under accredited BRFC Academy coaches, who will follow the Brisbane Roar curriculum for developing complete footballers.
STC sessions are designed to expose players to the following:
• The Brisbane Roar brand & style of play
• Four core skills: First Touch (receiving the ball), Striking the ball (short and long passing, shooting), 1v1 (with and without the ball), Running with the ball
• Game awareness: principles of attack & defence
• Decision-making and tactical awareness
Brisbane Roar CEO David Pourre said: “Brisbane Roar recognises the important status it holds as the only professional A-Leagues club in Queensland and it makes us extremely proud to provide more opportunities to young footballers in this wonderful state of ours.
“We also recognise the valuable role our schools play in fostering an early love for football and contributing to the player pathway, and we’re looking forward to broadening the opportunities for kids aged 8-12 across the state from coast to cape.”
The schools currently confirmed as STC sites in 2022 are as follows:
• Albany Creek State High School
• Aspley State High School
• Bentley Park College
• Chancellor State College
• Harristown State High School
• Helensvale State High School
• Ipswich Grammar School
• Kawana Waters State College
• Kelvin Grove State College
• Livingstone Christian College
• Marsden State High School
• Maryborough State High School
• Moreton Bay Boys College
• Moreton Bay Girls College
• Palm Beach Currumbin State High School
• Pimpama State Secondary College
• Southport State High School
• Townsville Grammar School – Annadale Campus
• Townsville Grammar School – North Shore Campus
The seven existing STC sites for 2022 are as follows:
• Brisbane North (Pine Hills)
• Byron Bay
• Cairns (Walker Road Sporting Precinct)
• Fraser Coast
• Ipswich South
• Logan (Mappas Park)
• Port Macquarie
Brisbane Roar’s initial six-week Skills Training Centre programs kick off in Term 1 from February 13.
Registrations are open now. CLICK HERE for details.