We’re finally back at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night taking on Melbourne City in a prime-time blockbuster!
After a few weeks on the road, our Hyundai A-League side are back in familiar surroundings & are ready to fire. We have won three of our last five home clashes against City (W3, D1, L1) and our boys are eyeing their first win of the season.
This weekend, we’re celebrating rebel Female Football Round and acknowledging the incredible work women do in our Club and in football across the globe. Take a look below at some of the special celebrations we have planned!
Join The Den pre-match as they turn Caxton Street orange & march their way to Suncorp Stadium before getting involved with plenty of activities going on both inside and outside the ground.
Here’s all you need to know ahead of massive Saturday night.
Hyundai A-League Round 5: Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City
Saturday, 24 November (6:50pm KO)
2:50pm: FREE transport on all regular network-wide Brisbane City Council buses and Queensland Rail City Network trains (excludes Brisbane City Council ferries, the G: and Airtrain services) begins.
4:50pm: Designated shuttle services from the City, Carindale, Eight Mile Plains, The Gap and Chermside commence.
4:50pm: Activities on Northern & Southern plazas commence
5:50pm: Gates open
6:50pm: Kick-off: Hyundai A-League: Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City
9:45pm: Designated shuttle services from the City, Carindale, Eight Mile Plains, The Gap and Chermside conclude.
Adult tickets are available from $25 – Grab your tickets HERE.
BRFC members who are yet to collect their 2018/19 Memberships will be able to pick up their packs from our Membership tent on the Southern Plaza from 5:30pm. If you have any urgent Membership enquiries, please contact our team on 1300 395 020 during business hours.
CELEBRATING FEMALE FOOTBALL ROUND
- Our Roar Women Head Coach Mel Andreatta will be on-field pre-game for a Q&A while a number of our Westfield W-League players will be available for signatures and photos from 6pm until 6:30pm.
- A number of NPLW Queensland teams will be invited onto the pitch at Suncorp Stadium on to the field for a march past ahead of the Hyundai A-League match.
Get involved with Charity Champion Share the Dignity’s #ItsInTheBag drive & make Christmas that little more special for a women in need.
Simply fill a handbag full of essential items, or even a special Christmas note & drop it off at the marquee on the North Plaza at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday!
#RoarAsOne with The Den on your way to Suncorp Stadium. The Den will be making some noise, marching down Caxton Street and turning the street orange! Assembly will commence at the Lord Alfred Hotel at 6:15pm.
- Once inside Suncorp Stadium, make sure you head to the Precinct Bar (located at the Northern end) and grab your photo on our BRFC Photo Wall. Upload the photo to social media using the hashtag #RoarAsOne for your chance to win a 2018/19 membership pack or a $150 Rebel voucher.
- Grab a drink at the Garden Bar and listen to this week’s Player’s Pre-game Playlist, chosen by new recruit Stefan Mauk.
- Principal Partner ActronAir will be set up on the South Plaza at the stadium, ready to test your accuracy with a massive football dartboard.
- Be sure to check out some of Brisbane’s finest on the controllers with The Australian FIFA League finals on the Southern Plaza from midday.
- Our BRFC Membership team will be ready to answer your enquiries and hand out Membership packs from 5:30pm.
- There will also be face painting for the kids thanks to the Roar Supporters Federation, plenty of new BRFC merch on sale at the Rebel merchandise van, and Flick Football thanks to Subbuteo.
- Be sure to hit up new Club partner Buderim Ginger post-match for a free drink!
- The kids can get involved on the Ginger Sports inflatable field & jumping castle, get their face painted, or try out Flick Soccer.
- The RSF will also be on site for anyone interested in learning more about BRFC’s active supporter groups.
- Inside the stadium, you’ll be able to get your copy of the Mane Event or get your gameday photo taken at our photo booth.
BUDERIM GINGER KICK FOR CASH
BRFC, thanks to Club Partner Buderim Ginger, is giving one lucky fan the chance to win our current Membership count in cash. That’s your chance to take home $11,273 at half-time!
We will randomly select a lucky fan to have a crack at the BRFC Kick for Cash on the Suncorp Stadium turf. But can you handle the pressure? We’ll give our lucky fan one chance to hit the crossbar from 40m out. Hit the bar & the cash is yours.
The selected participant will also have the chance to win a Couran Cove Island Resort day pass and a Village Roadshow family pass by hitting the crossbar from the 18-yard line and penalty spot on the night.
Terms & conditions apply.
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN…
Enjoy the game from some of the best seats in the house thanks to Lion Nathan. Stay tuned to our social media channels to find out how you can win upgraded seats and a $100 food and beverage voucher for Sunday’s game.
Take a photo at the Precinct Bar Photo Wall, upload your pics to social media & be sure to use the hashtag #RoarAsOne for your chance to win a BRFC Members pack and a $150 rebel voucher. The Precinct Bar opens at Suncorp Stadium before and after the game. Great beers available, ham off the bone and a massive TV screen.
BRFC Members, make sure you visit the Code Members Bar before the game for your chance to win the Ultimate Couran Cove Island Resort Family Holiday – Two nights accomodation, return ferry transfers for two adults & two children, a one-hour access to virtual reality world, four bikes for hire, breakfast daily and access to free activities and entertainment.
Be sure to get your copy of this week’s Mane Event, including an A3 fold-out poster of our 2018 Whole of Club photo as well as all the key details for the clash against City.
Designated stadium buses will run at a high-frequency to Suncorp Stadium from the City, Carindale, Chermside, Eight Mile Plains and The Gap from 4:50pm. These shuttle services will run until kick-off from the City and until 6:30pm from all other stops. Return services will then run until one hour after full-time.
If you are travelling by train, Milton Station is a short walk across Milton Road to the venue for passengers on the Ipswich/Sunshine Coast and Springfield lines. For all other lines, it is a 1km walk from Roma Street Station.
TRACK CLOSURES: From approximately 11.30pm on Friday, 23 November until the last service on Sunday 25 November, there will be track closures on the Cleveland line. Timetabled railbuses (R295 and R296) will replace trains between Park Road and Cleveland stations.
From 2:50pm, if you have a pre-purchased game ticket or a stadium membership card you can travel free to and from Suncorp Stadium on all regular network-wide Brisbane City Council buses and Queensland Rail City Network trains (excludes Brisbane City Council ferries, the G: and Airtrain services).
Free travel begins approximately four hours before the scheduled kick-off of the Hyundai A-League match and and concludes four hours after the scheduled full-time.
- TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.00pm (AEDT), 10 BOSS from 7:30pm (AEDT), Sky Sport 2 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers
- Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (4BC, 1116SEN and SEN+). ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.
Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Brendan WHITE (gk), 4.Daniel BOWLES, 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 9.Adam TAGGART, 11.Eric BAUTHEAC, 13.Stefan MAUK, 14.Alex LOPEZ, 15.Stefan NIGRO, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 18.Joe CALETTI, 19.Jack HINGERT, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 22.Tobias MIKKELSEN, 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 24.Connor O’TOOLE, 33.HENRIQUE **two to be omitted**
Ins: 13.Stefan MAUK (returns from injury), 15.Stefan NIGRO (promoted), 18.Joe CALETTI (promoted)
Outs: 2.Dane INGHAM (quad – 1 week)
Unavailable: 10.Brett HOLMAN (knee – TBC)
Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 34.Connor METCALFE **two to be omitted**
Ins: 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted), 26.Luke BRATTAN (promoted),
Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring)
Referee: Ryuji Sato (JPN)
Assistant Referee 1: Ashley Beecham
Assistant Referee 2: Andrew Lindsay
Fourth Official: Alex King
VAR: Chris Beath