The 2016 J-League and Emperor’s Cup winners, Kashima Antlers are a proud and successful Club. Tonight’s #ACL2017 matchday 4 battle promises to be an exciting contest.
See Brisbane Roar take on Kashima Antlers at Brisbane Stadium in match day four of this season’s AFC Champions League competition. Kick-off 7:00pm.
- Founded in 1947
- Name ‘Antlers’ is derived from city name, Kashima, which literally means ‘Deer Island’
- Have won the J-League eight times, more than any other club
- Took Real Madrid to extra-time in the final of the 2016 FIFA Club World Cup
- Home stadium is Kashima Soccer Stadium (40,700 capacity)
- Manager Masatada Ishii won ‘J-League Manager of the Year’ in 2016
- Kashima’s overall ACL record is: 22 wins, 7 draws, 12 losses. Goals for: 91, Goals against: 45
- Antlers have visited Australia three times in the ACL, picking up two wins and one loss
- Kashima have lost four of their last five ACL away games
- Antlers are sitting third in the current J1 Leage standings after six matches
- Kashima’s best ACL finish came in 2008, when they reached the quarter-finals